Monday, August 16, 2010

Starting Over in the Same Place

2010 has been an incredible year for the Corsars.  Well, I'm not sure that "incredible" is the word I'm looking for, but something along those lines.  Other words that could be substituted there would be crazy, unpredictable, depressing, exhilarating, exhausting, confusing, calm, chaotic...well, you get the picture.  A roller coaster year, that's for sure.  And it's only August!  :)

It all began in January when we put our house on the market because we had orders to go to Germany!  WOW!  We were so excited.  Starting to learn the language.  Looking for houses to live in there.  Getting rid of things we couldn't take overseas.  Starting to disconnect from our life here in Grand Forks (since that's what you  do to be able to survive emotionally in the military with all these moves!) Got the car shipped to Germany, sold our house in less than a month, the movers packed up all our household goods on that freezing February day, then HALT!!!!

Michael is the most amazing military man in the entire US Air Force.  He has many awards, he has much integrity, he is truly amazing.  But he made a mistake on a cold February day and it cost us our move to Germany.  The journey we have been on since February until this hot day in August has been incredible.  My dad encouraged me with this little tidbit of wisdom.  "You never know what someone is carrying around in their bucket until it gets bumped".  I saw incredible things fall out of the Corsar Family 4's buckets.

We could easily have spilled hatred, ugliness, shame, blaming, yelling, insults, etc.  But I saw my family come together and spill love, compassion, forgiveness, prayer, unconditional love, & acceptance.  Not just the fabulous foursome of Corsars, but my ENTIRE family!  And not just my blood family, but my church family as well.

God has forgiven, redeemed, blessed, and now called the Corsars to a life far greater than we would have had in Germany!  God kept us here for a reason.  Michael needed some pride to be purged from his life, Becky needed to be still and let God be God, Alex needed to learn a valuable lesson in trust and provision, and Evan needed to see just how big our God is!  I could write 1,000 pages of the lessons we have learned since February, but they all seem so intimate and fresh to us right now, that I think I'll save those for another time.  I do want to share with you a verse that has sustained the Corsar Family 4 for the past 6 months of trial.  "The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord.  He delights in every detail of their lives."  Psalm 37:23

Every stinkin' step of the way, God has cared for every little detail!  Incredible is the only word I can think of to describe it!  I look forward to sharing our lessons with you throughout my new found hobby of blogging!  Michael has been called to start preaching, so I think I'll start blogging!  :)  God brought us to it and He brought us through it.  We are on the final swing of this leg of our journey, but many more lessons are around the next bend. 

So, we are still in Grand Forks.  Starting over in the same place...just a few blocks from our old house.  Every little detail, I tell ya.  Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a GREAT job! I am addicted to blogs. Taylor thinks I'm a stalker. I think about you and pray for your often. Looks like you've made it through the storm. Congratulations!!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete