Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coincidences and Lunatics

I totally heard from God yesterday.  He spoke to me and Michael separately and said the same thing.  Thankfully it came to Michael, too, otherwise I would think I was going crazy!  So, here's the story on this one:

I was at Walmart yesterday and ran into Dennis.  Dennis is a man who used to go to our church & he is a....well....um...peculiar man.  He is a super deep thinker, spends tons of time in God's Word, is kind of a recluse, and just different than other people.  I'm just a tad bit uncomfortable around him, but I'm not sure why.  When he went to our church a few years ago, he would come up to me frequently and say, "God wanted me to tell you this", and he'd tell me something that I really needed to hear.  Sometimes it was things that confused me and made me think.  But he was generally spot on.

So, I haven't seen Dennis in quite a while.  Long enough that he has no clue what's been going on in mine and Michael's life lately.  He asked what Michael was up to and I told him he had been looking for a job since separating from the Air Force.  That sent Dennis into a deep think mode, which made me a little uncomfortable in the dairy section of Walmart.  But then he turned straight toward me and said, "Will you encourage Michael with these words?  Tell him to remember what God told him long ago, he shouldn't doubt that.  And when he wakes up at 4am, that's God gently nudging him that He wants to talk to him.  God is the only thing that will help him get to the other side of this, and just let him know that he's almost there."

Thank you, Dennis or messenger from God, whatever you want me to call you.  I call Michael on the way home from Walmart and tell him about my experience.  Michael gets a little choked up because the thing God told him "long ago" was that he was to be a pastor and the thing he's been doubting lately is how he can provide for his family on a pastor's salary.  Secondly, he has been waking up quite frequently at 4am and not being able to go back to sleep.  And thirdly, we have been asking God (pestering God, actually) lately how much longer we have to go through this waiting period.  We've been waiting for 5 months for God to reveal His plan to us!

Weirding you out yet?  Well, the story isn't over.  Michael goes to pick up the kids at school about 30 minutes later.  A sweet friend of mine who I work in the lunchroom with got out of her car, walked up to Michael, and said she had something to share with him that God wanted her to tell him.  She asked him to read in the Bible about Jesus walking on the water.  Michael informed her that he knew that story.  She said, "I want you to REALLY read it and pay attention to the wording."  Focus on the storm, and then read that when Jesus got into the boat with the disciples that they were IMMEDIATELY on the shore and safe.  She encouraged him that God has something for him that is coming IMMEDIATELY and it's something big!  She told him that she didn't know what any of this meant, but God wanted her to share it with him. 

Most people would chalk all this up to coincidence and a bunch of lunatics!  But I don't believe in coincidence anymore.  Too many things have happened "coincidentally" when I've prayed about things.  God spoke to me.  And He spoke to Michael.  And he said the same thing.  And I'm not a lunatic.  God gave us encouragement that our waiting is almost over.  The storm is almost passed.  And He spoke through two willing and highly favored servants. 

I asked my dad the other day to pray for us, and to help me hold up my shield of faith because it was starting to get quite heavy.  I think God is holding that shield for me now because someone the burden seems a little lighter.  I'm excited to see what is coming immediately and what it is!  I'm sure I'll tell you all about very soon...maybe some morning at 4am!  See you then!

2 comments:

  1. I surely don't know what the end of this story is going to look like. But my pastor husband provides quite well for his family of six. And trust me I know all about that worry, I'm stuggling with it a little as we seek the Lord for a new direction also. I'll be praying for you guys as you make large life decisions!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, God is amazing isn't he? Yesterday I felt Him talking to me. He said are you ready for this, Get ready, here we go! Uh oh what does that mean? Then I get a call from Chris that he may deploy in February. So if this is true, this is a perfect time for me to move to our retirement destination while we aren't caring for two homes. I think the teen center is coming closer to a reality. I still want to get licensed but not sure if that is necessary to do His will. I stay confused and would love to see his itinerary, but that is my humanly control factor coming into plans. Living by faith is believing without seeing, and sometimes leaping without knowing. So Becky my friend HERE WE GO!

    ReplyDelete