Saturday, April 14, 2012

Twice in One Day?

Can you blog twice in one day?!  I'm just so overwhelmed by the goodness of God today, and I can't help myself!  I want everyone I know to also see the goodness of God.  I think if I didn't share, the rocks would start crying out and that would just be creepy!  :)

Gotta always start these stories with a little background to catch you up to speed.  Remember our wreck?  Remember our miracle van?  We've been saving money for a new vehicle because we wanted to pay cash and not have a car payment.  Well, we finally got money saved up and bought us a nice used van that is perfect for our family and all the traveling we do.  It's literally perfect.  An answer to what we had been praying for.  Awesome.  Saving money for a vehicle tends to strap finances elsewhere in the budget.  "No problem",  I've learned to realize because God will take care of the needs.

I was looking ahead a little too far at some of the things coming up this summer we need to pay for.  Taking my eyes off of Jesus and looking instead at the swirling waters around me.  Summer activities, fees for middle school, a trip to Arkansas, etc. started freaking me out a little.  God said, "One thing at a time, sweetie."  So I thought I'd start praying for the most recent things we needed to pay for.   I need $65 for something Monday.  I need $120 for something on Thursday.  I can pay them out of what's in the bank right now, God, but that will really leave us strapped.  Funny when I'm telling God how I think He should answer my prayer.  I'm sure He just stands there and giggles at me.  He really likes to surprise me!

I get the mail today and there is an envelope from my church with a few checks in it.  I buy a ton of stuff for children's church and then get reimbursed for it later.  Sometimes I turn in so many receipts I never can keep track of what's to be paid back to me. (I know you organized people are cringing, but I'm horrible at money, by the way)  In the envelope, there is a reimbursement check that was to come back to me in February, but it had gotten lost and now it was found.  Perfect timing since it was for $65.  God is so sneaky like that.  Then I got my paycheck...I'm rolling in it, ya'll.  But the timing was perfect and my $122 will pay for what I need to pay for on Thursday. 

One thing at a time, sweetie.  Now I'm just going to sit back and see how God is going to provide the other things I need to pay for this summer.  I have a few ideas, but I'm sure He has a few tricks up His sleeve to amaze me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment