Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 14

I think I'll now forever remember this date.  This picture was taken on that date.  It was our last Sunday in our beloved Grand Forks, North Dakota.  It was the day we were to say goodbye to friends who felt like family.  Goodbye to our perfect house that we had remodeled exactly like we wanted.  Good bye to the church who had launched us into ministry.  All because God said, "Go."



I was reminded of the date this year on July 14.  An overwhelming sadness lurched over me that day and I wasn't sure why.  I was looking through pictures during my little pity party when I came across this picture and realized the date was July 14, 2013.  We were all so happy then to follow God's Great Commission and GO!  We considered it a journey.  An adventure.

My life verse since about 2010 has been Psalm 37:23, "The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives."  That verse has sustained me through A LOT!  So, why did it surprise me that when I went to my devotion book, "Jesus Calling" (that I received for Christmas this year) on July 14 that this verse was there to sustain me through a day of mourning my past friendships.

All I can say is God is good.  He has forever been good.  He will forever BE good.  Have we been through a year of hardship and sadness?  Yes.  But it's good.  It's growth.  It's obedience.  God delights in every detail of my life.

1 comment: