Sunday, January 10, 2016

He works all things for good...

You've heard the verse in Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."  It's one of those verses that we memorize and just assume is true...that God is working things together behind the scenes of things we can't see.  But this time, God allowed me a glimpse behind the curtain and it was DIVINE!  I absolutely love when He gives me the privilege to make my faith my eyes.

Ill try to write it so you can follow the chain, so keep up!  :) 

A little over a year ago, I heard a song on Air1 radio that I just loved!  The artist's name was David Dunn.  Not really a big name that is known, but I was intrigued by this one song being played, so I looked up his album on Amazon and put it on my wishlist in hopes to purchase it at some point.  Our family puts things on our wishlist every year to allow our family an opportunity to see what we'd like for birthdays and Christmas.  I put it on my wishlist and kind of forgot about it, actually. 

This year for Christmas, I got the album as a gift!  I was so excited to listen to all the songs on the CD!  Now mind you, my kids don't usually listen to the kind of stuff that mom likes.  When I put in Sidewalk Prophets or Mercy Me or even Chris Tomlin, they aren't as impressed as I am.  And also mind you, my daughter had been put through a very challenging time in a relationship that literally broke her into a million pieces right after Christmas.  Heartbreak, sadness, overwhelming feelings for a teenager. 

To help you with the chain, this is kind of where all things start working together for good!  My daughter struggles with depression and I was concerned for her well-being more than I ever had been before.  I was praying for God to take control and make sure she was going to be okay.  I had my  new CD playing in the car one day as we were driving somewhere and the song, "It is Well" came on.  It's not the "It is Well" that you might know from the old hymns.  It's a new song.  Take a listen here:


The words to this song hit her broken heart to the core!  She has played it over and over every day and God is using the words as a soothing balm to her soul.  She said, "Mom, I love this song!  It's like it was written just for me! Where did you find this guy?" As I listened to her sing the words, tears welled up in my eyes as I realized that God made sure I heard this album over a year ago so that it would be purchased for me for Christmas so as to heal her brokenness right after Christmas.  Do you follow the chain?  She has given her pain to the Great Physician who is also the Great Lyricist who can write songs to woo our souls.  She journals of her pain and tells me that God is in control.  Thank you, God, for orchestrating her healing for the pain you knew was coming well over a year ago.  What great love He has for us that He ALWAYS has provided a way of escape.

"When the heartache and the headaches take my breath away, When the sunshine and the moonlight burn my skin.  When the sadness overwhelms  us and the troubled water rises.  When the reason for my bleeding don't make sense.  I'm not in control!  When my world comes crashing in around my head and I feel like I've got nothing left.  I'm not in control.  It is well with my soul.

When oppression and depression have their way with me.  When the hurting and the healing feel the same.  When the sadness overwhelms us and the troubled water rises.  When the reason for my bleeding don't make sense. I'm not in control. It is well with my soul.  

In the sadness that is tearing at my soul.  I'll remember that you've ALWAYS HAD CONTROL. You're love is crystal clear!"

When your daughter is a poet, God sure inspires some great poetry in lyrics.  All things, good or bad, always work together for good.  Thank you, Jesus, for that promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment