Saturday, November 20, 2010

Creme Puffs

So, I love stories like these, and I just had to share.  A little background, of course.  As of November 17th, Michael is now finished with the Air Force.  We will stop drawing a paycheck as of December 1st.  That's not that far off in case you haven't realized that December is already here!  Are we worried?  Nope.  We have full faith that God is going to bring the perfect job/career to Michael.  Everything thus far has been this big orchestrated plan that God is putting together, so we feel this is just one more part of the plan. 

Lately, I've been praying the names of God.  He has lots of names that show His character and explain who He is.  He loves when we learn about all the different facets of who He is.  I was studying His name, Jehovah-Jireh, which means God our Provider.  I first learned this name of God many years ago when my dad was out of a job and was praying to Jehovah Jireh to provide for our family.  My dad was so enthralled with this name and attribute of God.  I remember it so vivdly.  God was just storing that tidbit of information in my brain to pull it out and use it now...in 2010, when I would truly need it most.

Jehovah Jireh shows Himself to Abraham in Genesis 22:14 only after Abraham has followed God on an amazing journey that required tons of faith.  I can relate, Abraham.  God showed up and provided for Abraham in a big way!  I have full faith that God will provide for the Corsars right now, too.

So, here's my story.  I'm working in the lunchroom at school on Friday needing to get to the grocery store that afternoon.  Michael reminded me that we are on a strict budget (yes, I need reminding) until he finds a new job.  So, any fun foods at the grocery store are just out for a while.  That's okay.  I can live without Oreos for a season.  :)  The lunchroom had a few leftover tacos.  Tara, lunch lady galore and my wonderful new friend, puts them in a baggie for me along with some salad to take home to my hubby for lunch.  Who says God does not still provide when we ask Him?!  And the best part is that God loves me enough that He even provided creme puffs!  The kids at our school had creme puffs for dessert on Friday...now that's an awesome school, I must say.   And there were some left over, so those got sent home with me as well.  I pray and ask God to provide for my family and what does He give me?  Creme puffs!

God has constantly been reminding me of Matthew 6:26, "Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?"  God wants the best for us.  He tells us that He has great plans for us; plans to give us a future and a hope!  So, I'm clinging to that promise.  While eating my creme puffs.  I hope that you realize all the provisions God makes for you.  He does provide in just the nick of time.  So, pull up a chair with me, have a creme puff and let's just WAIT on God!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Becky,
    I could share story after story after story with you on this topic. God ALWAYS provides. I have truly been without and a non-believer, because living my life my way left me destitute. He still found love for a sinner and a non-believer and touched his Spirit on kind people to provide for me. His LOVE is everlasting and selfless. There is not a doubt in my mind that God will provide for you guys in a GREAT way!

    ReplyDelete