Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life Without God

I love callin' up  my momma and chatting with her.  She's my bestest friend in the world.  We were talking last night about my crazy year I've had to endure and about all the trials that have come our way.  Every time I call her it seems I have one more "issue" to tell her about.  It just seems a never ending cycle of challenges in my life right now!  I tell her about an issue, but then I tell her the lesson God is teaching us through a particular challenge.  She asked me, "How would you have handled this past year without God in your life?"  Wow.  What a question.  The Corsars have been through the deepest valley we've ever been through this past year, but what would be different for us if we didn't have God in our life?  I'll be happy to tell you.

If we didn't have God, our loving Heavenly Father, who is Sovereign over all things:
*we would not still be together
*Michael would be in a deep state of depression
*our children would be having nightmares
*we would have NO hope for our future
*we would be miserable
*we would be in family counseling
*laughter and cheerfulness would be gone from our lives
*we would not have a testimony of God's goodness
*we would be bitter toward the Air Force, God, and the church
*we would be extremely lost

Just writing that list almost made me have an anxiety attack just thinking about it.  But God has delivered us from anything that could possibly cause pain in our lives.  Have we had to endure consequences?  Yes.  Have they been painful? Yes.  But a diamond goes through a really refining process that could be viewed as painful as well, and in the end, it is shiny and gorgeous!  And priceless. 

We wanted an object that we could put on our mantle to always remind us of this past year.  We thought the best object that could describe the Corsars in 2010 would be a geode.  They are those rocks that are really ugly on the outside.  Gray and bumpy.  Not very pretty. 

 But when you crack them open, they glimmer with the most gorgeous of colors and crystals on the inside.


We have discovered that what is on the inside of a Corsar is beautiful.  And it's only because God was there forming and creating this beauty.  It was nothing we ever could do on our own.  We would have been content to stay an ugly old gray, bumpy rock.  But God wanted us to be cracked open so the world could see His glory and the beauty of following God!  So, life without God is totally not an option for us.  And I would hope it's not an option for you, either!  Because who wants to stay ugly and bumpy when you can SHINE?!

1 comment:

  1. You have a Mommie that is full of wisdom, probably where you learned your strong faith. You both have been the glue of your families. I am blessed to have been able to observe both lives.

    ReplyDelete