Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Gift

Christmas is rooted with so many traditions.  So many ways that our family does things they may be totally different from your family.  When I was a kid, I had the best Santa in the whole world!  I would hear him land on my roof, I would hear jingle bells, and I would hear things in my house.  All while hiding under my covers giggling because my parents would remind me that Santa wouldn't stop unless I was asleep.  Ah, the memories.  These are traditions I try to carry on with my own kids.  They, too, have a wonderful Santa in their lives.  We wake them up every year to see Santa with our own eyes in our house putting gifts under our tree.  They are now starting to realize, though, that dad never seems to be around when this occurs.  Hmmmm.....
I truly love Christmas!  I love everything that is means.  I love the way it causes people to look outside of themselves and find ways to give.  I love the sparkly lights.  I love the way my kids eyes light up to the gifts under the tree.  I love trying to find that perfect gift for someone to surprise them with.  I love walking by my nativity and stopping to see a sweet precious baby in the manger.  I love Christmas music 24/7.  I also love being married to Santa Claus.  That's the best part!  :)
I'm a huge giver.  I find joy in giving to others.  I'm pretty sure God created me that way.  This year I haven't been able to give too much due to a lack of funds.  So, God has taught me this year how to sit back and receive.  For someone like me, that's hard.  But this year has been full of hard lessons, so why did I think this was going to be any easier?  :)  God has wanted me to sit back and receive so that I could fully see how He is providing for me and my family.  And it's amazing to see God's hand when you are still and watch.
Here are some things I have received this December just by being still:
$100 grocery card from my bestest friends
$100 from my parents best friends
$200 Walmart card from my dad's Sunday School class
A Christmas ham from my bestest friends (I have some AWESOME friends)
Cookies galore from friends and neighbors! ( I have hardly had to bake anything this year!)
Christmas soaps which I LOVE (yes, God does care about the little silly details of our lives)
Airline points which we never use in order to buy Christmas presents!  (who would've thought?!)
$50 movie gift card
A friend offering to make New Years Eve dinner (that was a huge deal for me!)
And SO many other things that have blessed my heart beyond all meaning.
I have found Christmas this year not in giving, but in receiving God's provisions for my family.  He has shown us ALL year that He is here.  Emmanuel, God with us (present tense).  Now, I hope to not make this receiving thing a permanent thing because I am wired to give, but I think God wanted me to feel the benefits of it this year.  If you feel God prompting you to give anything to anyone, please heed His call!  You will bless someone more than you can ever know! 
Santa Claus has come to town!  At least to the Corsars house.  And God has been here, too.  Good thing He doesn't only come around once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment