Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Your Camel is Coming!

So, I posted this photo on my Facebook page and told you all I would blog about it's meaning.

The story behind this photo comes from a Joyce Meyer book "Be Anxious for Nothing".  It came from a book study that I led with some gals in my church a few years ago. 

When the angel told Mary she was going to bear God's Son, it had to have been a daunting thought to her!  I'm so poor, I'm not married, I'm not good enough.  She must have thought she needed to better herself in some way before God could use her.  She probably thought she needed to go ahead and enroll Jesus in the best preschool around.  She probably thought she needed to buy the best minivan out there (the new Honda Odyssey) to drive around the Son of God!  And Joseph, we definitely need a bigger house in order to raise God Himself...a house on the golf course!

But instead, Jesus came as a poor baby born in a nasty stable.  I'm sure Joseph, the head of household, the provider, wondered how he was going to provide for this task that God had chosen him to do.  But God already had that figured out, and had already sent some wisemen on camels loaded down with provisions for the child.  Gold, frankincense, and myrrh were extremely valuable gifts in those days.  Only kings had those kinds of gifts.  So, while worrying about how they would provide for Jesus, God was sending the camels with the provisions.  We need only to obediently accept the call God has placed on us...He handles all the rest.

When we start to worry how we are going to do a task that God has placed before us, we just have to remember that our camel is coming and that God is bringing the provisions. 

I was having a pity party to some friends the other day since the 15th is just around the corner and there are no more paychecks coming.  Michael is officially out of the Air Force and looking for a job.  I was telling them that faith is not so easy when you literally have no money.  Faith is pretty easy when you know there is money coming.  But when you can't see it, it's a little more challenging to believe!  My friend who is a graphic artist, headed to work and the next morning placed that sign in my front yard so I would see it when I woke up the next morning.  I stood on my front porch crying that morning  knowing God has not forgotten our need and is already sending the provisions...I just can't see them yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if He delivers it via camel!  :)

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives."  Psalm 37:23





2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky! What a wonderful testimony. I cried when I read how your friend had put the sign in you yard. You are so right God will provide; I have been through some tough times as a kid and through 31 years of marriage but God was always and only good. He provided my needs and yes, sometimes my wants. He is sooo powerful and sooo loving.
    Love you.
    Sarah W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, becki! and i love that your friend took your story and made it real for you and for everyone who drives by your house.

    ReplyDelete