Monday, January 24, 2011

Saving the World

I was reading an article this morning entitled "Finding God's Will for Your Career".  This article intrigued me since my husband is currently at a job interview and I'm in prayer for God's will to come through loud and clear to him.  I've also been praying for God's will to come through loud and clear to myself about what I need to be doing in life.  I have been called by God to minister to children at my church.  A wonderful, awesome job....be it only part time.  I have also been called by God to be a mommy to my own children.  A wonderful, awesome job...be it something I work for free.   I have been called by God to babysit my sweet godson, Charlie.  Another wonderful, awesome job. 

Sometimes I lose focus on my calling and start thinking how much money I could be making if I was out using the degree I went to college for!  But God always brings me back to where He has called me.  Then I read this article, and everything made sense to me!  Maybe it will help make sense to you, too, if you are struggling with what God wants for your life.

Interestingly, it's not all about the money!  Actually, it's NOTHING about the money you can make in life.  For actually, you can't take that with you when you go.  But what you do in life should 100 percent matter for God's Kingdom.  There is Kingdom purpose even in the ordinary, mundane jobs of life.  Colossians 3:23 says "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people."  It's all about your perspective and seeing that what you do really CAN matter for God if you allow it to. 

A well known Christian thinker once said that our mission in life is not to "save the world", but to just do your part in saving the world.  We are all a part of the whole body of Christ.  The mouth can't be fed unless the hands do their part.  The body can't get where it needs to go unless the feet and legs do their part.  And then all together we can save the world!  Let what you do in life matter knowing that you are doing your part for the Kingdom. 

I'm raising my children and my godson to be valuable vessels to be used by God.  Raising them to be obedient, rule-followers, strong, and confident children of God.  I'm teaching the children at my church that following God is fun and exciting!  And above all I'm teaching them all to LOVE deeply!  In the grand scheme of things I'm just a small part in the body, but I'm doing my part.  And I'm doing it contently and giving it my all!  I am living in God's will.  Even though I'm not rolling in the dough, God is providing all I need through my obedience. And He even provides me with a little extra to bless others. 

My prayer is that you find joy, peace, and contentment in your job today, whatever your job is.  I pray that you are doing it wholeheartedly as if doing it for God.  Whether you are feeding the poor, cooking for children at a school, teaching, working on a budget, nursing people back to health, being a mommy or a daddy, cutting hair, interviewing for a new job, working on a sermon, or making lunch for a group of friends may you do it all as if doing it for God.  It will make a difference, for everything we do matters to God!

Let your life matter today!  Let's go save the world...together!

Source:
http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/career-money/features/24168-finding-gods-will-for-your-career

No comments:

Post a Comment