Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"NO" isn't always negative

So my husband is unemployed.  So what?  So he has been getting way too many rejection letters and denial letters for jobs.  So what?  I have learned that "No" is not always a negative thing.  "No" is not negative when I tell my child she can't have a chocolate bar for dinner.  "No" is not negative when I tell my child he can't ride his bike too far from home.  Sometimes "no" is for our own good.  I'm starting to see that now.  God is saying "No" to some things right now because He has said "Yes" to something we can't see right now.  He is God....I am not, so I'm putting all my eggs in His big ol' basket!  He is forming our future into something exciting and marvelous...we just screw it up on our own.  So, hands off the wheel.  The "no's" are not negative, they are just boundaries making way for the big YES that's coming soon! 

When I need a pick me up, I pull out Hillsong United.  They write their music just for me in case you didn't know.  Well, maybe some of it's for you, too!  Since we are all human and go through the exact same things, I guess it's for all of us.  So, I'm sitting here in the quiet tonight listening to my Hillsong CD.  On comes "Desert Song"...have you heard it?  No?  Well, I'm glad I could let you listen to it with me tonight.  If you are walkin' around in the desert with me tonight, lets realize together that it's for our own good.  There are many lessons here in the dry patches of the desert.  When the breeze of God's love gently blows, we can feel it way more when the desert sands are hot.  I truly feel I could spend the rest of my life in the desert.  Now, I'm not saying I WANT to, but I could.  This song says "All of my life. In every season.  You are still God.  I have a reason to sing.  I have a reason to worship."  He's God in the desert just the same as He's the God on the awesome sunny days filled with lush green grass.  I'm learning to enjoy the desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment