Friday, March 4, 2011

No pity party here tonight!

"There is a limit to our affliction. God sends it and then removes it. Do you complain, saying, "When will this end?" May we quietly wait and patiently endure the will of the Lord till He comes. Our Father takes away the rod when His purpose in using it is fully accomplished.   If the affliction is sent to test us so that our words would glorify God, it will only end once He has caused us to testify to His praise and honor. In fact, we would not want the difficulty to depart until God has removed from us all the honor we can yield to Him."  ~Charles Spurgeon

I had a blog written about this, but I just hit delete.  I am in a penchant to complain at the moment, but God is gently reminding me to do everything without complaining (Phil 2:14)  I don't really have anything to complain about.  Just some minor life inconveniences. Instead of complaining and having my pity party, I'll just focus on this quote & understand that everything that causes me inconvenience right now WILL bring glory to God if I keep the right perspective.  "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." (Galatians 6:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment