Tuesday, February 14, 2012

When You Believe

Jehovah Jireh, "God Will Provide".  FAITH. 

These are some words that have defined the life of the Corsars the past few years.  God has just constantly shown us that He is our provider.  Have faith, Corsars, and Jehovah Jireh will provide everything you NEED! 

Since a wreck totaled our car a month or so ago, we've been in prayer that God would help us find an inexpensive vehicle because we really don't want any car payments right now.  We have a specific budget, want a specific kind of van, and really, I want any color except white.  I live in the white tundra...I don't want my car to be white, too.  We check Craigslist every day for our vehicle.  We drive through all the car lots at night to see what might be out there just for us.  We have even looked in Maryland and Arkansas where both our parents live.  We've been pretty diligent.  But just haven't found the right vehicle for us...YET.

Until yesterday.  Our good friend, Jered, calls us and tells us he has a friend who is selling a van for $500.  It's an older vehicle, but this friend of his really just wants to bless someone with it!  Oh, and it's white.  I figure it's best not to scoff at God's blessings.  Even if they don't fit what I think I want.  So, we test drive it, thank God for this great blessing, and go to offer the guy our $500.  He then changes his mind and says, "You know what?  I want you guys to just have it."  WHAT?  "Yeah, just take it.  When you are done with it, bless someone else."  Talk about paying it forward!  This van had been given to them in a time of need, and they wanted to do the same with it. 

So, we stand in this stranger's front yard with crocodile tears streaming down our faces.  Michael gives him a great big hug...freaks the guy out a little.  That's such a Michael thing to do.  The older he gets, the sappier he gets.  Just like my dad.  I love that.

We get in the van to leave crying tears of joy and humility, and laughing because God has the biggest sense of humor.  I was praying for anything other than a white van.  God was reminding me there are more important things in life than the color (or style) of a vehicle.  He was showing us how humbling and awesome it is to be on the receiving end of a blessing.  We like to bless others and now we want to bless people more because we now know how AWESOME that feels!  And the funniest part of this miracle has to do with the passenger side mirror.
Something that defines the Corsars is our ability to rip passenger side mirrors off of our vehicles.  We've done it so many times it's comical.  And it's only the passenger side.  On our previous cars, we've ripped one off pulling out of the garage, one from backing into our other car...twice, and one from backing into the trashcan. ( And for the record, not ALL of those were Becky's fault.  One was Michael's.)  This van that God gave us, already has an issue with the passenger side mirror.  We have laughed so much about God's sense of humor.  I don't think I'm going to get that mirror fixed because it reminds me of how God pays attention to those little details in our life and brings them back to our attention just to show He's still there.

I hope this post has made you believe in miracles.  Who just gives another person a car?  A stranger no doubt.   Every time we drive by this stranger's house, we pray big huge blessings over it.  After the bear hug that Michael lavished on this man yesterday, the man stated, "I know we aren't family, but we are family in Christ!  And family helps each other out."   Are you allowing God to use your hands, feet, heart & whatever else He may be asking to use to bless a family member in Christ?! 

Our miracle isn't over.  God has other miracles in store for us.  Miracles to prove that He is our provider.  Miracles to strength our faith.  Miracles to absolutely WOW my children.  We are just continuing to be diligent, seeking God's hand, looking to see where we can be a blessing, and keep walking forward.  He may not give us exactly what we ask for, but it works.  And He knows best.  Here's a picture of a miracle...in case you've never seen one. 

2 comments:

  1. Becky, When I bought my van I sold my taurus to my grandson for $1.00 so he would have a bill of sales. He drove it for a long time until the transmission started messing up a bit. It was good around town but wasn't road worthy (at high speeds anyway). He asked what I would think if he gave it to a girl that went to my daughters church. He is slightly retarded and had to have transportation to and from her work at McDonald's. I said, "Son, the car is yours do what you want to with it." They gave it to the girl and gave her a dollar to buy it from him. He just jumped up and down saying "This is just the prayer of my heart; the prayer of my heart" over and over. We were truly blessed with being able to do that. My grandson said, "Nana, if you had not given me the car I could not have afforded to give it away. Thank you for doing that." So here we were five people blessed my one car. It is so fun when we allow God to use us. I know God is my provider and then when I am able I like to become his instrument to provide. Truly a great story with your van

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!!!! :) :) :) I'm so happy for you guys. The boys would probably tell you that you should call your van the Miracle Marshmallow. When we lived in Germany, we had an older white van that had rust spots in various places. It wasn't the most beautiful vehicle at all but was right for the $ and got us where we needed to be. Anywho...I dubbed it the "Toasty Marshmallow" and it stuck. Every time we see a vehicle like that one of the kids remarks about it. Now, the Corsars have a Miracle Marshmallow. May it give you many safe miles of blessings! ;)

    ReplyDelete