Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So in love!

I am so in love with my daughter.  I'm in love with my son, too, but this weekend, God gave me revelations about the love I have for my daughter.  Sweet Alex was chosen to be the Queen of Sheba in her school dinner theater.  She worked so hard at memorizing lines and learning a solo she had to sing.  She did so well, and I was SO proud of her!  Part of my job, as the Queen of Sheba's mother, was to do her make up and get her costume together to make her look like a queen!

 I spent a lot of time researching make up of the era to try and make her look like an Egyptian queen.  I spent time at Sally Beauty Supply talking with the "experts" there about doing her hair and trying to dye it black.  (We were unsuccessful at that because I put my foot down when it came to permanently dying her hair black!)  I spent time finding really cool things to make her absolutely beautiful, because she was the Queen of Sheba, by the way!  She had to be stunning! 

Everytime I would find something beautiful for her costume, I couldn't wait to show it to her and surprise her with what I'd bought.  I knew she's be ecstatic with the super cool gold necklace I found her at Gordmans.  (I loved it not only because it was cool, but because it was on clearance for $5.00!)  This whole process opened my eyes to the love my Father has for me, His little princess. 

I am royalty.  God only provides the very best for me.  He has in mind exactly how He wants me to look for this role I am to play in life.  And more importantly, He is so proud of me.  He is madly in love with me, His daughter.  A friend once told me, "You are God's favorite!"   I have to tell myself that over and over again because there are times when I feel I've lost my shine.  But even then, when I don't feel as pretty as I should, I am still God's favorite.  And so are you.  When I forget my lines and flub up my song, He is still proud of me.  He's proud of me because it's not about my performance or how many jewels make me sparkly, but simply because He loves me.  Period.

Thanks, little Queen of Sheba, for letting me love you.  And for allowing God to teach me a lesson through your beauty! 


No comments:

Post a Comment