Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recklessly Abandon

Recklessly abandoned.  Interesting concept.  One that kept "popping up" around me for the past week.  We had a decision to make that we really needed to consult God about.  A big decision that we didn't want to make on our own.  The response to my question for God were these words.  Recklessly abandon.  The response God gave Michael to our big decision was "everything".  The concepts are the same.  To recklessly abandon means to give up everything.  Here are a few of the meanings I found in some searches I did.  (1) To do something without regard to the consequences (2) To completely surrender to natural impulses (3) To take the plunge despite the possible outcome (4) Just go for it without worrying about anything.

So, today, we gave everything with reckless abandon.  I have no idea what God will do with what we did, but we were obedient and that's really all that matters.  I was reading an article in Relevant Magazine which said, "In the end, only God can judge how much risk is too much. Heck, even driving to work is risky. So we need Him with us in everything we do. If we are endlessly working a day job to pay off the subprime mortgage, as a Christian, we should still bring Christ with us. “Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way“ (Colossians 3:17, The Message)."  It also stated this powerful point, "When we agree to follow the person and teachings of Jesus, we agree to surrender our plan for His, and by definition, that means we agree to a massive amount of personal risk. In our journey of faith and life, He can take us anywhere and allow anything to happen. He can take life and give life, no matter its duration. He extracts meaning from the briefest physical existence that we know."

I'm tired of living a "comfortable" life.  I want to live differently.  I want to live with reckless abandon for my God.  Giving Him everything with no thought of the consequence.  I want to recklessly love God!  With no thought of how I'm going to manage things now.  Letting it go.  I can't wait to tell you soon about what God has done!  Serving Christ is NEVER boring...that's for certain!




No comments:

Post a Comment