Wednesday, December 5, 2012

God's Masterpiece

There are things in life that you can't believe you are a part of!  Things that you can't believe you are old enough to do.  Tasks you can't believe God would trust you enough to have you do. 

This is where I am in my life right now.  I've recently began to view the last 6 years of my life in North Dakota as a testing ground.  A place where God sent me to give me a series of life's tests.  As I sequentially passed each test, I was given a little more favor and a little more ground on which I was to build.  The Bible tells us that to whom much is given, much is expected...even required. 

At present, God has us building a church.  A church building to house the Church we have been a part of for the past 6 years.  Being the children's minister, I am in charge of building the children's area.  God has prompted me that our children's areas will resemble an art gallery.  Children will be reminded that they are fearfully and wonderfully made!  Children will be reminded that they are God's masterpiece!  They were created VERY GOOD, and nothing they could ever do would alter God's opinion of them. 

My life has been chiseled into something grand the past 6 years.  Nothing of my own doing.  Just a constant laying down of my desires and taking up only what God desires for my life.  I haven't always been on board with what He's chosen to do.  There have been quite a few painful bumps in the road.  Some places where I feel my canvas had to be repainted to start again.  God is still chiseling away parts of me that make me ugly.  I'm definitely a work in progress! 

This video perfectly describes the vision behind our new children's space.  It describes my heart for the kids that God has entrusted me with!  My heart to make sure they see themselves fully as God sees them.  For them to know they are an ORIGINAL masterpiece, priceless to their Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment