Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Provisions in the desert


Isaiah 41:10 "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

It's getting easier!!  

Now, I didn't say, "It's easy."  I said, "It's getting easi-er."  It's getting easier to trust fully in God.  So many things keep happening in our lives and God keeps showing Himself faithful.  It's really the coolest thing!  

God has us in a precarious position financially.  Not sure why He has us here, but it's all good.  Maybe He has us here to teach us some lessons, maybe it's so that He can be glorified.  Whatever it is, we will follow.  

Michael went in to work last week and found out that his hours have been cut by about 5 hours a week.  Since he's only working part time, that is a punch in the stomach financially.  When he told me, I didn't even worry!  Normally, I would be crunching some numbers, trying to figure out what we were going to do!  I would have worked myself into a tail-spin.  Michael was a bit discouraged so he went to his room to lay down and pray about it.  He came downstairs an hour later with a big smile on his face.  "Well, God's done it again," he said.

He has been talking with a friend from our new church who owns a window washing business.  (Friends from North Dakota will see the funny twist of events in that statement since our pastor was a window washer on the side!) He called Michael and told him he had just landed some big window jobs in the mall and needed Michael to head those up this week.  The money he would make on that would more than compensate for the 5 hours of work he was losing at his other job!  

What I want to point out is that the financial things that God is blessing is NOTHING we are doing on our own.  We aren't going out looking for money.  God is simply providing the opportunities for us when there is the need.  

1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

Just so cool I had to share!  I want to share our crazy life with you so you can be encouraged that God truly does LOVE His children.  So you know that God does care about all those little details of your life. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment