Friday, October 8, 2010

Humility

Well, here I sit with coffee breath, humbled.  I have learned yet another lesson today.  My year has been chalked full of them, and I'm grateful that the learning never ceases to end.  I think the day I stop learning, I'll be dead.  One thing I learned today is I'm definitely NOT perfect.  I also learned that I have some awesome friends in my life who God uses to speak truth to me.  I'm just hoping I'm as awesome a friend to them as they are to me. 

I am passionate about standing up for my friends' when they have been hurt.  I don't like when people get their feelings hurt, so I really try to put all the pieces back together.  But later, when you learn the whole story (or the other side) of a situation, you see that it's really not your battle to pick. So, I'm laying down my sword of righteous anger and from now on letting God  handle it.  I believe that's His job anyway.  Forgive me Lord for getting in the way.  You see the mess I've made by getting in the way, so I'm stepping back now.  From now on, I will pray for God's grace to cover Christian messes to fix them.  That's what Joyce Meyer calls messes we Christians like to get ourselves into.  I tend to step into other people's messes.  I'm sure I create my own whirlwind of Christian messes as well.  I'm pretty sure we all do.  "For all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory"  Romans 3:23

I am humbled and sorry for my actions that have caused pain in my friends.  By trying to stand up for some friends, I inadvertently hurt others.  Apparently, I fell off the balance board this time. 

Thankfully, God is still passionately in love with me.  And His grace covers a multitude of sins.  Mine.  Yours.  Everyones.  I prayed to God last night and asked Him to reveal Himself to me in mighty way.  He did that today at Starbucks.  He reminded me that He is with me every single hobbling step of the way.  He pulls me out of the mire and sets me back onto a firm foundation.  "So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you and He will place you on a firm foundation."  1 Peter 5:10

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having the heart to step into other people's messes. God puts you in situations to be His hands and feet and sometimes His voice. If you don't speak up when you feel the urging to do so you may be ignoring the urgings of the Holy Spirit. I would rather see you "step in it" one time while helping someone the other 10 times. If you make a mistake you simply get up, say I am sorry and continue down the path God has created just for you. He has told us to "run our race" not just run the race. You are special and unique in so many ways. Continue to use your gifts.

    ReplyDelete