Monday, October 25, 2010

Is He with you?

I was at Women of Faith this past weekend.  A full weekend of speakers, singers, comedians, girlfriend time, etc.  Two days crammed packed of this.  It's truly amazing.  Last year was my first year and I did not realize I should have brought a ton of kleenex with me for the things that would make me cry!  So, this year, I was armed with kleenex!  When you pray for God to meet you, be prepared.  And have some kleenex.  Because what He shows you is not always pretty.  Things you need to change about yourself.  Things you need to let go of.  Things that He absolutely loves about you that you didn't think was worth loving!

One of the singers this weekend was Mandisa.  Well, I'm a die hard American Idol fan, and I loved her on American Idol.   I hear her on the radio, but have never really heard many of her songs.  So, out come the kleenex when through her God pulls out a song that was written just for me. (There were several of those songs from her which is why I bought her CD!)   I'm sure it touched other ladies as well, but I'm convinced it was written just for me.  :)  If you keep up with my bloggin', you read my last blog about Seasons.  God has really been working with me lately about different seasons of my life.  Time to do this, time to do that.  Timing is right at some times, but not at others.  So, this has been my journey lately.  So, imagine my surprise when she starts this songs off with some of the Ecclesiastes 3 "time for" stuff.  Oh, man!  The water faucets start pouring as I realize God has been with me this entire horrible year of my life. And He will continue to be with me through anything else that falls into my path!

Ever had those moments when you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God just pulled up a seat next to you?!  If you haven't...oh, how I pray you will someday experience that.  It takes you to heaven and back.  Although, I haven't come back yet.  I'm still there.  And I plan on staying here.  In God's presence, that is.  I wanted to share the song with you.  I located it on youtube with some words and pretty pictures.  But sometimes just listening to it and inserting the pictures of your own life make things make more sense. 

He is with you!  Just look around...you'll see Him!  But make sure you have your kleenex.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Becky, I am going to share that song. I think we all need to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! How amazing that God would want to sit next to us. Even more amazing that He is always wants to sit next to us. When that chair is empty, its because we have told God "sit over there for a while, I'll be right back. I have something else to get done right now." Doesn't it cause goose bumps to think that every minute, every hour of every day we could feel his presence sitting in the chair,in the line, in the car, or when its raining. He loves to sit besides and listen to us.

    ReplyDelete