Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm such a human....

When Satan attacks, he really attacks hard.  It's no coincidence that the lessons I've been teaching in children's church for the past few weeks have been on putting on the FULL armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-17 tells us to put on ALL of God's armor so that we can stand firm against the attacks of evil.  We are told to put on the belt of truth, the body armor of righteousness, the shoes of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. 
 If the full armor is not put on, Satan can wedge in to an unprotected area.  Attacks come in many forms.  Attacks on your self-confidence, your friendships, your very nature of who you are, your abilities, and the list goes on.  Satan has been attacking me like a ravaged lion lately.  Apparently the closer you get to God, the more of a target you become.  But I've been taught just recently, the importance of putting on every piece of armor for protection.  I think I left off a few pieces lately.  Maybe I forgot to put on the peaceful shoes, or I left that shield of faith sitting on the coffee table.  I left my helmet in the closet and let some things enter my thought process that shouldn't be there. 

It's never good to go out naked.  Especially in a battle.  When you go out naked, you get laughed at, humiliated, and you lose all respect.  So, next time, I'll remember to put on all the armor.  Is this example too vague for you to grasp?  Think about what you have let Satan have access to lately.  Your mind, your emotions, your relationships, your self-esteem, your time, your faith...or lack thereof.  When he gets in and has access to an inch, he takes off with me and runs for miles.

I have spent my whole day letting Satan attack my mind. I have sat and listened to him tell me I have no value, no worth, no special talents.  He has told me I am a horrible friend and should just crawl in a hole and disappear.  Well, God has other opinions of me.  God knows that I am a sinner, and God loves me "as is".  God created me and decided he would purchase me "as is".  God knows my heart and He created my amazing talents.  He gave me the friends I have in my life to grow me in this season.  He gave me the friends I have in my life to teach me to put on all the armor in my closet.  Without the armor, I am human.  With the armor, nothing can penetrate. 

Next time you see me, please notice my pretty shoes of peace.  And notice my new, fashionable belt of truth.  I'll be polishing up my body armor of righteousness and sharpening my sword. 

1 comment:

  1. So true...I mean about the armor, not about the LIES Satan was telling you! You are an amazing woman of God and I so miss the times we spent together.

    ReplyDelete