Friday, April 15, 2011

A poem from Alex

Alex' class was to write a poem about the crazy snowstorm today.  I thought it was super cute and wanted to share it!

"April Showers Turn into Snow"

Today is April 15, 2011.  Last week it was sunny and warm and birds began to swarm
into my yard they'd go while the flowers began to grow.
But today on this Friday no one knew what to say
when we woke up and saw not rain but snow we weren't sure if to go.
I got up, got food from the fridge
hopped into the car and went across the bridge.
As we went across the water flooding, I told my brother the flowers were budding.
When we were at school the wind felt quite cool
as we were in class the snow kept coming while my heart was numbing.
The snow piled and piled and no one smiled.
Today was not a pretty sight.  I sure hope it stops tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment