Friday, August 19, 2011

It's just a pencil

This is what my dad sends me every year around Back to School time.  He's done it for years and years.  I get a letter in the mail and it's a #2 pencil to take to school.  

I got my pencil in the mail today.  I opened it up and laughed and got a little tear in my eye.  My kids ran over to see what I was giggling about.  They looked up at me confused as to why I was tearing up over a pencil.  I told them my dad sends me a pencil every year to take back to school.  They roll their eyes and walk away thinking I've lost my mind.  

I love the little ways my dad shows me he loves me.  I love that he thinks about me frequently.  I love that even though I'm 38 years old, he still views me as his baby girl.  I love that he probably also got a tear in his eye when he was mailing my #2 pencil.  

My dad has always been my vision of my Heavenly Father.  God shows me every day how much He loves me in the littlest things.  He views me as a princess even though I'm viewed by others as too old to hold that title.  He gave me His one and only Son to show His love for me & I'm pretty sure He also had a tear in His eye when He sent me that gift. 

Fathers hold a special place in their daughter's lives.  Father's have a very strong power.  My husband watches how my dad treats me and wants to treat our daughter exactly the same!  I'm blessed.  

It's just a pencil....

No comments:

Post a Comment