Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oh, how He loves us!

Focusing my entire day on God's deep, deep love for me.  I don't know if it's the wonderful smell of apple bread in my oven, the cool, crisp sunny day, or the wonderful silence in my house today.  But God keeps popping into my head the fact that He loves me!  Life has not always been perfect, but even in those times I have felt His overwhelming love for me.

I'm currently listening to a podcast for my bible study tomorrow night about God's love for us.  I told my bible study gals a few weeks ago that I hadn't been feeling God's presence the way I had felt it when I was in the valleys of despair last year.  I told them I honestly couldn't wait until something else bad happened to me so that I could feel close to God again.  All that following week, God kept reiterating to me, "I am with you." I kept wondering why God kept telling me He was with me.   It's a basic Christian principle, so why did He need to keep telling me that?  Well, life is good right now and you know what?  God is with me.  He's been with me through the good and the bad.  Nothing bad has to happen to me to feel His presence.  He's with me.  He's with me enjoying the smell of apple bread baking in my oven right now.  He's with me as I prepare for my bible study tomorrow night.  He's with me as I prepare my children's church lesson for Sunday.  He's with me when I go pick up the kids from school later today.  He was with me in the past through some pretty sticky situations.  He's ALWAYS been there.  And He's always been madly in love with me.


May you feel God's presence and love today, too.  If you are having trouble with that, just simply ask Him to reveal His love to you and then sit back and watch.  It'll come.  Live life expecting something miraculous from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment